7 Foods that are Bad for Your Liver Health
Ever wondered why certain foods have a good effect on your body while others have a bad one? It is our food that makes our body healthy and it is also our food that can end up hurting it the most. A healthy liver is the core of a healthy body, which is why it is important to understand how to best take care of it.
In this article, we will discuss foods that are harmful to our liver. Let's dive in:
- Soft Drinks: Soft drinks are nothing but heavy doses of sugar in liquid form. Apart from sugar, soft drinks consist of nothing useful, like vitamins or minerals. Consuming too much sugar forces our liver to convert sugar into fat, which eventually gets deposited and causes fatty liver disease. It is recommended that sugar should be the source of only 10% of our total calories.
- Processed Meat: Processed meat is very bad for the liver as it has very high amounts of saturated fats. When it is consumed frequently, it damages the liver.
- Fried Food: Just like processed meat, fried food also has a very high amount of saturated fats. Consuming too much saturated fat makes it hard for the liver to properly function and, over a period of time, can lead to liver diseases.
- Alcohol: Of all the things that can damage your liver, alcohol is the worst. When consumed, the liver digests alcohol, breaking it into harmful chemicals which end up scarring the liver and causing inflammation. It can also block the liver from absorbing the nutrients, making it toxic.
- White bread and sugar: Consuming unregulated amounts of refined carbohydrates and high amounts of sugar leads to developing fatty liver disease.
- Salt: Consuming high amounts of salt is not good for the body. High salt intake leads to water retention in the body. Avoid foods with higher amounts of salt in them, like most packaged food.
- Red Meat: Although it is very high in protein and good for muscle building, digesting too much protein and too often will do more harm to the liver than good. Digesting protein is a hard process and if it gets built up in the liver, it can lead to developing fatty liver diseases.
To take better care of our liver, the best thing to do is to consume a healthy diet. Other than a healthy diet, natural health supplements can also have positive effects.
AFD Pharma's Livocumin is a hepato-protective and stimulant that cleans, detoxes and repairs liver functions. The all-natural formulation of Livocumin makes it a reliable anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory medicine to aid the detoxification processes of the liver.
Key ingredients of Livocumin:
- Curcumin: Curcumin is a therapeutic agent for the associated conditions of NAFLD, including obesity, dyslipidemia, and impaired fasting glucose.
- Adraka: The ginger supplement may be used as a complementary therapy along with existing therapies to reduce insulin resistance, liver enzymes and inflammation in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver.
- Katuki: Katuki contains an important enzyme, known as 'kutkin' or 'picroliv' in a high quantity which ensures good liver function, cleans out the toxins and limits your exposure to the bad germs which can impact functioning.
- Maricha: Maricha improves the function of the digestive tract, helps in digestion and alleviates symptoms of indigestion
- Amalika: Amalaki is helpful for a wide variety of health problems, improving the healthy functioning of the liver, heart, brain, and lungs.