7 foods that are good for liver health
Liver is one of the most important organs in our body. It is the largest solid organ in our body, weighing around 1.36-1.59 kg and is around the size of a football. The liver is responsible for performing many functions in our body, it helps digest fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Along with digestion, it is also responsible for producing many fats and proteins which are very important for the functioning of our body.
Importance of a Healthy Liver:
To live a healthy and long life, it is very important that we take good care of our liver. Having an unhealthy liver can easily cause serious liver diseases and metabolic disorders. Type 2 diabetes is one of the most common causes of developing liver diseases. When it comes to liver health, it is hard to manage every factor, but the ones that have the biggest influence are the foods that we choose to eat and the foods we choose not to. In this article, we are going to discuss 7 foods that are good for our liver.
Foods that are Good for Our Liver:
- Turmeric: Turmeric consists of curcumin in it, which helps reduce the damage done to the liver due to NAFLD (Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease). Studies showed that curcumin might be one of the reasons for decreasing the levels of serum alanine aminotransferase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST) enzymes which are present in higher amounts in people with fatty liver disease.
- Coffee: Regular coffee consumption is very good for the liver. Studies found that it helps lower the abnormal liver enzymes, thus decreasing the chances of developing NAFLD (Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease).
- Tea: Among its many benefits to health, tea is especially beneficial for liver health. Green tea is high in antioxidants which can help in reducing oxidative stress to the liver and reduce fat deposits.
- Garlic: Studies show that consuming small amounts of garlic every day helps in the reduction of body weight and body fat. Reducing body fat and body weight can be a boon for people suffering from NAFLD (Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease). Higher body fat and being overweight is one of the main reasons for developing NAFLD.
- Fatty Fish: Fatty fish is one of the best sources of Omega-3 fatty acids. Research has suggested that Omega-3 fatty acids are very helpful with NAFLD as it helps reduce liver fat and lower bad cholesterol levels.
- Nuts: A diet rich in nuts helps reduce liver inflammation, insulin resistance, and oxidative stress, which can overall help with NAFLD. Research found that people with liver disease who consumed walnuts showed improved liver functions.
- Sunflower seeds: Sunflower seeds are very rich in vitamin E, which has very high antioxidant properties. Vitamin E is a commonly used supplement in the treatment of NAFLD.
Apart from food, some health supplements made from natural ingredients can also be very good for our liver. AFD Pharma's Livocumin is a hepato-protective and stimulant that cleans, detoxes and repairs liver functions. The all-natural formulation of Livocumin makes it a reliable anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory medicine to aid the detoxification processes of the liver.
Key ingredients of Livocumin
- Curcumin - Curcumin is a therapeutic agent for the associated conditions of NAFLD, including obesity, dyslipidemia, and impaired fasting glucose.
- Adraka - The ginger supplement may be used as a complementary therapy along with existing therapies to reduce insulin resistance, liver enzymes and inflammation in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver.
- Katuki - Katuki contains an important enzyme, known as 'kutkin' or 'picroliv' in a high quantity which ensures good liver function, cleanse out the toxins and limits your exposure to the bad germs which can impact functioning.
- Maricha - Maricha improves the function of the digestive tract, helps in digestion and alleviates symptoms of indigestion, flatulence, constipation, and disorders of the liver.
- Amalika - Amalaki is helpful for a wide variety of health problems, improving the healthy functioning of the liver, heart, brain, and lungs.