Improve Your Digestion with these 5 Foods
The digestive tract plays an important role in health as it is responsible for breaking down food into nutrients and energy that the body can use. There are a wide variety of foods, such as vegetables and yogurt, that can aid in the digestive process.
Some diseases, e.g. Conditions such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn's disease, diverticulitis, and heartburn can put you at risk for more serious digestive problems.
Digestive issues such as gas, cramps, bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhoea and constipation are very common in many people and can make one feel uncomfortable and unwell.
Even with a healthy lifestyle, there can be digestive problems due to a lack of fibre or probiotic-rich foods in the diet. Here are 5 foods that can help boost your digestive system.
- Yogurt: The beneficial bacteria in yogurt, also known as probiotics, are good for digestion. Although probiotics are naturally produced in the gut, consuming yogurt can aid in digestion. Probiotics help treat digestive issues like gas, constipation, and diarrhea. Yoghurt also improves the digestion of lactose or milk sugar.
- Dietary fibre: It is an important nutrient for digestion found in vegetables, berries, nuts, etc. Fibre stimulates the intestines to push stool out of the body. The ideal is to eat vegetables with their skins on, as they are a great source of fibre. Vegetables with high-fibre skins include potatoes, beans, and legumes.
- Apples: Apples are known to contain pectin, a soluble fibre that has almost no calories. Friendly bacteria in the colon help break down pectin in the small intestine after bypassing the digestive process. To solve problems like constipation and diarrhoea, pectin is often recommended to increase stool bulk. It also reduces the risk of intestinal infections and inflammation in the colon.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are an excellent source of fibre, which means that once eaten they form a gel-like substance in the stomach. They act as prebiotics and encourage the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut. The fibre content in chia seeds also helps promote bowel movements and healthy bowel movements.
- Fennel: Fennel contains fibre that helps prevent constipation and improves regularity in the digestive tract. Fennel contains an antispasmodic that helps relax the smooth muscles of the digestive tract. This effect can further lead to the reduction of digestive problems such as gas, bloating and cramps.
Dealing with digestive problems is challenging, but certain foods can help alleviate uncomfortable symptoms.
Pepify tablets and syrup are meant to relieve dyspepsia and related indigestion issues. Ginger is famed to empty the stomach by helping it pass food into the intestine. Added to that, bile extract and activated charcoal also work to improve gut health by preventing and curing indigestion and the resulting health conditions.
Anyone struggling with Flatulence, Bloating, Pancreatic insufficiency and Diabetic gastroparesis can also speed up their recovery process with Pepify tablets.
Benefits of Pepify tablets:
- Reduces bloating, flatulence, belching, abdominal pain & prandial distress
- Increases rate of gastric emptying
- Improves rate of fat & protein absorption in pancreatitis patients
- Withstands gastric PH without disturbing metabolism
Key ingredients of Pepify tablets:
- Activated charcoal - Activated charcoal absorbs intestinal gases and reduces gassy breath
- Ginger oleoresin - Ginger oleoresin reduces intestinal cramping and prevents dyspepsia, flatulence and bloating
- Bile extract - Bile extract promotes the absorptions of dietary lipids
- Pepify syrup can be enjoyed by all ages thanks to its sweet pineapple flavour.
Benefits of Pepify syrup :
- Improves digestion of carbohydrates
- Reduces symptoms of indigestion and postprandial distress
- Reduces flatulence and bloating
- Helps in digestion of proteins
- Cures acid reflux
- Maintains optimal stomach acidity
Key ingredients of Pepify syrup :
Alpha Amylase - Alpha Amylase is made by the pancreas and salivary glands. It helps break down carbs so that it is easily absorbed by the body.
Pepsin - Pepsin helps break down proteins so that it is easily absorbed by the body.